Sergio Busquets, labelled "the best midfielder in the world" by current boss Luis Enrique, has revealed he would be tempted to leave Barcelona if incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola came calling.
The 27-year-old who came up through the ranks at Barca renewed his contract in February 2015, signing a deal for a further four years. And whilst he has said his priority is to remain in Catalonia and become one of Barca's longest-serving players, in the unlikely event of Guardiola asking him to leave, he knows his loyalties lie with Guardiola.
Busquet set tongues wagging after he hinted on Tuesday in an ESPN interview that he may seek a transfer to the English football club, which comes after the announement last week that Guardiola would take over City in the summer.
"I have always said there are just two people who could make me change my decision to stay at Barcelona,” he said.
"One of those two people is my wife. And she is happy here right now, so I don't think there will be any issues on a personal level.
"On a sporting level, that other person is Guardiola. It's clear that I owe Pep a lot and I would be honoured to work with him again.
"He knows that Barcelona are my club and it's his club as well. He knows it's best for the club and for me to stay here and I don't think he will ask me to leave Barcelona.
"I hope that when I end my career, I go down in history as a great team player, who won titles and excelled. I want to become one of the players with the most games for Barcelona."
Busquets is arguably one of Barcelona’s indispensable players with a haul of trophies including five league titles and three Champions Leagues, and he has won the World Cup and European Championship with Spain.